I’m a self-taught developer with over 14 years experience. I’ve been obsessed with the web since I got my first computer in middle school and am lucky to have built my skills enough to build a career from it. I have a strong focus on concept and techniques to achieve effective results and am interested in other talented individuals with strong motivation to create, share & grow.
I care about details, consistency, and following best practices. I like my work to be of higher quality than expected and my delivery to be ahead of deadline. I believe development standards exist for a reason and recognize the importance of staying updated on emerging trends and technologies. I code by hand, feel happy in a team environment, and prefer to stay busy.
- Libraries/Frameworks: Bootstrap, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, WordPress, ZEND, Drupal, SharePoint, Social Engine, Foundation by Zurb
- Activities: Card Sorting, User Testing, User Experience Research, Technical Skill Assessments & Development, Analytics, Requirements Gathering, Vendor Selection, Concept Design
- Digital Artifacts: Wireframes, Prototypes, Concept Models & Flows, Interaction Flows, Business Cases and Proposals, Project Charters
- Specialties: Readability, Visual Hierarchy, Whitespace, Validation, Browser Compatibility, Accessibility, Training, Critical Thinking, User Experience Design
- Style Guide Creation
- Creative Direction
- Corporate Branding
- Concept & Strategy
- User Interface Design
- Lo/Hi-Fidelity Mockups/Wireframes
- Image Optimization & Sprites
- Digital Illustration
- Information Visualization
- Photo Manipulation & Restoration
- Marketing Coordination
- CSS / CSS3
- HTML / XHTML / HTML5
- PHP, SQL, JSON, XML
- WordPress, Drupal, Bootstrap
- Rapid Prototyping
- Mobile & Responsive Design
- Grid Layouts
- Version Control
- Search Engine Optimization
- W3C Accessibility & Validation
- Cross-Browser Compatibility
- Content Optimization & Web Fonts
- Intranet: SharePoint & Claromentis
- Information Architecture
- Content Organization
- Interaction Design & Flow
- User Testing & Surveys
- Research Analysis
- Cognitive Science
- Web Usability
- Event Tracking & Analytics
- Requirements Gathering
- Business Cases
- Project Charters
- Training & Development
- Team Leadership
- Public Speaking & Presentation
- Emerging Technologies
- Quality Assurance
- Competitor Analysis
- Promotion Planning
- Mind Mapping
Lead User Interface Designer
TEKSystems (@ State Farm) 03/2013 — Present
- Provide desired Digital experience and insights to influence the overall customer experience.
- Work with the project UI Teams by providing input and direction to inform the Digital artifacts
- Involved in requirements explorations which may include ad hoc, high-level sketches that enable the iterative and interactive exploration of business requirements within and between Development Centers.
- Partner with Customer Experiencing Insights (CEI) team to ensure accuracy of usability test plan content and to ensure plan execution.
- Attend, contribute, and facilitate in the following artifact review meetings via business case lifecycle: Concept Model and Conceptual Flow, High-level Wireframe Review, and Detailed Wireframe and Interactive Flow Review.
- Contribute to and review Digital artifacts for quality and adherence to Digital Standards, such as process simplification for responsive web design and mobile first.
- Consult with Digital Project Lead to ensure quality of deliverables and adherence to Digital standards.
- Collaborate, as needed, with Business Architects, Digital Architects, Application Architects, Technical Architects, Data Architects, and/or subject matter experts in the development of Digital artifacts.
- Escalate issues, risks, and challenges to the Digital Project Lead
- Lead specific training and development efforts related to web development and prototyping
Interactive Web Designer
CEFCU (Citizen’s First Equity Credit Union) 12/2010 — 03/2013
- Creating, producing, and continuously improving design solutions for corporate web sites including full web site design, graphic content, and other enhancements to achieve business objectives, corporate identity, performance, and Web/Usability standards.
- Developing & updating design parameters, style guides, formats, and visual standards.
- Regularly monitoring and evaluating corporate web resources to ensure standards adherence by content authors.
- Revising standards for emerging online media technologies.
- Serving as a technical resource on design, usability, and information architecture for all web-related projects.
Interactive Web Design Consultant
LRS Consulting (@ CEFCU) 06/2010 — 12/2010
- 6 month, contract to hire position
- Duties as outlined in CEFCU job position above.
Gish Design (by Kristin Richey) 11/2008 — 06/2010
- Offered one on one custom designs to achieve affective results.
- Directly facilitated and oversaw all creative projects and production at Gish Design.
- Worked closely with each client at every stage of the project life cycle to ensure quality results were delivered on time and within budget.
- Services included Web Design, Print Design, Graphic Design, Branding & Identity, Marketing & Promotion.
Web Designer & Marketing Coordinator
Hunter Automated Machinery Corp. 01/2008 — 01/2009
- Management of advertising budget including ad placement, size and publications.
- Sole creation of advertising concepts and ideas including design, preparation and submission to publications.
- Product photography using green screen technology.
- Creation of electronic product manuals.
- Creation or company brochures, handouts and internal branding elements.
- Creation & maintenance of company website using Dreamweaver, MySQL, Ajax, CSS, and XHTML.
- Planning, direction, and editing of promotional videos, including on-site direction in various foundries, editing in Adobe Premiere and AfterEffects, and Encore CS3.
Certified OnSite 01/2007 — 01/2008
- Sole Web Designer focused primarily on visual design
- Worked one on one with Front-End Developers and Programmers to meet client needs.
Various Employers Pre 2007
- Law Office of Brigid Duffield
- SeeFour Design Store
- FCA (Floor Covering Associates, Inc.)
- Heinrich & Kramer, P.C.
- Flolo Corporation